4.30.2006

Tales of Chocolate...


The other day a concerned fellow mother stopped me to see how I was doing with 2 babies. We shared the bonding experience of being in similar life seasons until we began talking about fasting. She was concerned about me because nursing plus chasing an almost 2 year old can be quite exhausting. I proceeded to explain that I only fast chocolate on my fasting days... to my embarrassment she almost started laughing because I think maybe she thought I was kidding. I was serious. This is a great feat in my baby diaper filled world. She quickly recovered herself and to a less observant peer may have succeeded in pulling herself together before I knew. But I was looking her straight in the eyes like any good communicator and the nonverbal crack, up-turn and balk of the mouth though quickly brought back together was a dead give away...

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl with the chocolate fasting. Its all about voluntary weakness! You are awesome! Can I have what you dont eat? I love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home