5.03.2006

I affect God. Things are not what they seem.



Some of you may be wondering why I have Ted Dekker as a link on my blog...

Well, it seems God is wanting me to see. To see reality. God is energizing me to "run the race to win" by opening my eyes to see The Prize of The Ages.

The reality that there is, for real, a Throne set in heaven, and One sat (and sits) on the Throne. (Rev. 4:22) Mike's sermon notes from 4/21
"John sees a real Person on the Throne at the governmental center of the universe. A Person with fiery emotions, a vast intellect and who possesses all power, and is 100% observant as He watches over and cares for us. He is a Person who sees, cares, remembers and feels joy or sadness related to our responses to Him. What happens in our life and heart affect His heart. He feels our pain, sees our value, and plans our welfare. We are not alone; we will live together with Him. There is One who desires meaningful partnership with His inferiors."

I affect God. When I am tired and want to stay sleeping but wake up for love to feed Arwen -I make God smile. I can pray and God listens and kings of nations are humbled. Even though I see dimly and get tired but decide to believe anyway -I move His heart and angels and demons move. Hello! Is anyone caught off guard by this. Things are not what they seem. Everything matters. Wisdom will be justified. Love changes everything.

What does Ted have to do with this? I have been greatly encouraged by "The Circle Trilogy", "The Martyr's series", "A boy called blessed" and "A man called Blessed". All of these have reminded and encouraged me to see. To not become easily entangled with the cares of this life. My treasure is in heaven.

3 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Marci Lewellen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Ted's a 9, Dallas is a 10.

Read 'em baby. They'll do you right.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Kelsey Bohlender said...

Yes, and one glance toward heaven makes God catch His breath. When you whisper those 90 second prayers in between changing diapers, demons are unseated and angels are released. I love that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home