3.15.2007

i cussed... Grammy, if you are reading this... there was a really good reason... :)

I was having an intense meeting with a student discussing whether or not he should stay in school or drop to audit.

I began to ask questions... It came out through the course of our talking that he has had this cycle of doing something, going hard, getting overwhelmed and quiting... probbing deeper into this subject I found out his step dad had repeatedly told him starting in 6th grade that he did "everything half-a**" ...

Anyway, after hearing some of his story I asked Richard and Karen (fellow fsm worker) to pray with me for him. We wanted to pray and ask God to break off the curses spoken against him and give him power through the Holy Spirit to follow through on the call of God over his life...

So, you know I am feeling the fire, for real my hands are on fire, and I am going after that thing and all of a sudden I find my sentence leading to the breaking off of that phrase and I say, more like stumble over the phrase... very awkardly... because I am not good at cussing -never really did that... the three of them break out laughing at me (Richard starts the laughing -because he is watching me pray and sees my face as I try to get that phrase out...) I could have probably rearraged my words and not said it but they came out to fast...

I sheepishly admitt that I am not a good cusser. They laughed even harder and Richard points out that I am only good at cussing at him on certain choice occassions... I plead the 5th on that one and we go back to praying.

Once everyone has had their good laugh at marci... :) we recover and Karen, Richard and I all get some really key prophetic words for the guy and the Power of the Holy Spirit hits him and he is weeping -intense. I love intense!!!

Major stuff went down and anyway long story short he wants to stay and knows God is working in his life to bring redemption and bring to completion the good work He started.

Then we put some "Power of the Focused Life" (one of my favorite Mike B. teachings) into action and made a schedule to plan out how to get him caught up with his work.

Ahhhhhh.... all in a day's work...(actually that was just the afternoon) pretty sweet!

2 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is doing alot better now thanks for being obediant to the Holy Spirit. You guys are awesome and we love having you here with us.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Isaac said...

awesome.

i thought it was going to be a juicy one though.

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home