5.05.2006

sick


Me, Aiden, and Arwen are all stuffed with gunk, sore throats and coughing :( Richard never gets sick... he says it's "the annointing" :) I smiled today thinking about how sweet Revelation 21:4 is -"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

It started last Friday (last week) when Aiden crawled up in my lap laid his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes. I knew immediately something was up. Aiden will be two at the end of may and cuddling at this point is not his thing. He would rather you dance, sing Old Macdonald had a "chow" (that is Aiden for cow) EIEIO or start to pray so he can shout AAAYYMAN at the top of his lungs over and over. It usually takes Aiden about an hour laying in bed thinking, waiting for his eyelids to finally become so heavy that he can't open them back up before he goes to sleep.

But there he was all snuggled up on my lap, head on my chest, asleep after a record two minutes! I almost attributed the sudden change to my excellent mothering skills in finding the perfect balance of diet, physical exercise, and mental stimulation to enable easy peaceful sleep. To my disappointment, when I rested my cheek to his head, I realized he was having the beginnings of a fever.

I sighed, praying he would feel better after a good nap. That was at 1pm on Friday. Around 4pm richard decided to try and wake him up. Aiden had a 103.6 fever and after drinking a sip of water and taking medicine wanted to sleep some more. He slept until 7am the next day and when we went to the doctor a throat culture confirmed that he had strep throat.

The doctor began to ask if Aiden attended day care or the like... "no" was my answer. She, the doctor, to my suprise wouldn't drop the question. She seemed adamant that he must have been somewhere where there are a bunch of kids since he was sick. The "Y" was the only thing I could think of and she was happy to have solved the issue, "oh yes, it must have been the Y". She was so sure that Aiden could not have gotten strep unless he had been with a group of other kids. I left wondering, where does that first kid get it... I mean strep isn't just spontaneously generated by 3 or more kids with toys right?

2 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'vfe stumbled onto a mystery...maybe a conspiracy. How pushy was this "doctor" about her point? I wonder. Keep your eye on CNN because there'll probably be a special about some undercover governement agent coming out with the "real" scoop. Anyway, thanks for opening up the case.

-Concerned Parent AND Government Operative

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

right...only spontaneous combustion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home