5.30.2006

Revelation

I want not to just read Revelation. I want to feel Revelation. This is my attempt of capturing Revelation 1:1a so that I can feel the word.

Revelation 1:1a
This is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants the things that must happen soon…


This is the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
The uncovering of things hidden in the Father’s heart since before the beginning of earth.

Things which must happen soon.

The prophecy of Daniel and the mystery concerning the “latter days”, when God of Heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed and He will break into pieces every other kingdom, is no longer called “latter days”

These mysterious “latter days” spoken of by the prophets and long awaited by the people of God are now revealed and will happen soon.

Revelation is for our day and our time.

This is the Revelation given by the Father…
The secrets
whispered
dreamed of
in the Trinity
suddenly known!

This is the Revelation of Jesus Christ…
The unveiling of
a supreme
mighty King.
A man
in the line of David.
The One
Worthy to Judge
capable to make war
and lay waste all His enemies.

This is Revelation given by the Father…
A peering into what awaits the Bride.
A peering into what awaits me.
A tasting of Eternity.

What had been concealed is known.
What I am made for is known.
Why I am here has been made known.

The mysterious “latter days” whispered
of by the prophets and long awaited
by the people of God
ARE NOW
REVEALED
AND MUST HAPPEN SOON.

5 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Marci, I love when you do this kind of thing.

I'm really glad I married you 2 years 364 days and 19 hours ago...

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the note

i love you

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking your blog is like a cup of tea. It's like refreshing and reflective? I can't think of another word. I'm thinking of something like the herbal mint variety. Yes. Or calming tea...mmmm...

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Joel said...

If Jesus doesn't intend for us to have healing, then it's difficult to know what to do with those verses. I know I would struggle with them when I came upon them while reading. Yet, can you clarify your assertion, "something He clearly loves -healing." I won't say that Jesus does not love healing. I can reconcile that concept with the Jesus that I know. He loves to make things as they were at Creation; especially for us, His beloved! Yet, as I run that idea through my head, I cannot find any specific verses to support the assumption. I suppose it could be inferred from the simple facts that 1). He does it a lot!, and 2). He commands it, as you laid out in the verses you quoted.

This ministry of healing was obviously not confined to the original twelve or thirteen apostles, both from the fact that the 72 were commanded to it, and James mentions it. According to these verses, then, healing is to accompany us. I would agree with you, one of the things Jesus will do is withdraw from us to encourage us in a deeper pursuit.

Yet, I am afraid. What does it mean if healing doesn't happen? What does it mean if it does?

I want to reduce God to a push-button, cookie-cutter operation, where I pray for healing and either it will happen every time, or it won't happen at all. None of this uncertainty, this humbling reliance on a soverign greater good. What will people think of me? (My besetting fear that I struggle so much to live free of). Both if it happens, and if it doesn't. Though more if it doesn't. What will they think of the God that I profess to believe in. Will I accept the shame of 'failure' if it means knowing Him better? Well . . . with hesitation, yes. Hesitation only because I don't like being shamed. Yet, shame comes from splintered pride. Pride is opposed by God, something I really don't want. So, yes, I accept the shame of what I ask for not being granted.

Boy, that's not a fun concept.

One more thought. If healing (both receiving, and conducting) must be contended for, does it become a focus? Something that I run after? Does it draw my focus off just One Thing? Yes, I must earnestly desire the greater gifts (1 Cor. 12). But also according to that same chapter, gifts of healing are given to some by the One Spirit, to others the message of wisdom, to others miraculous powers. Not all are gifted with healing. Am I to assume that I am? Am I to assume that I am not?

I don't know. That's a painful place. I like to know. I like to have things set out, things that I can work from.

Thank you for continuing this dialogue with me. I am learning and growing because of it, and enjoying the exploration. This question must be answered.

In His Time,
~Joel~

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Joel said...

And, I REALLY appreciated your rewording in this Revelation post. A lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home