5.09.2006

telemarketing


okay, so if you have ever tried to call our house you would usually have the annoying task of begining to talk on our answering machine before we would pick up. We get way too many companies asking us to sign up for credit cards, satilite tv, siding for our house and the list goes on. These people are crazy no matter how many times you politely try to hang up... they just don't take "no" for an answer. Lately, if I happen to pick up before the answering machine and they begin to keep pressing me after I have already said "no" I politely tell them that "I am really not interested. I am going to hang up now. bye"... I feel bad but what can you do.

A few days ago when I heard the phone ring I thought I would get it before the machine just in case it was someone we wanted to talk to... to my dismay it was a solicitation for the Kansas city Star Paper. The conversation went:

marci: Hello
solicitor: Hi... are your parents home?
long 3 sec silence... I didn't know what to say....
marci: uhhh, this is my house.... (totally dumb response but I was totally caught off guard.)
The guy didn't miss a beat...The rest of the conversation was typical...

After I got off the phone I thought about how now that I am beginning to blog the wierdos and strange things that happen day to day that could be annoying or frustrating are really good because they give you something to blog about.

5 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marci, I found you through Isaac's xanga! I've thought about you a lot lately...I'm glad I finally found some form of communication. I miss you.

I'm living in a little yellow house with four other girls in Cleveland, TN, and taking summer classes and having a wonderful time. Will you put up more pictures of your babies? I want to see them!

Thank you for pouring in my life, I seriously can't thank you enough.

-Rachel

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. . .I confess, usually if they ask me if my parents are home, I say "no". Note this is when it is my house.

I hope you are feeling better!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Marci Lewellen said...

RACHEL !!! (I am smiling) I miss you too very much! I heard through the grape vine that you might have found "the one" ... or at least he wants to be "the one"... Does he know that he needs my approval and that I am not easily appeased :) I am glad you are having so much fun. What are learning??? (Either in classes or just life... and/or both) Yes, I love putting up pictures of the babies... you can also check em out at my website. Did you check out my blog about the goats and see the pictures... if not you have to read... we have goats!! Baby goats. They like to eat. I can't believe Aiden is almost 2 and Arwen is 4 months! Crazy. I need you around to help me figure out this mom thing :) or at least be another set of arms. I need your email :)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Marci Lewellen said...

Angela... that is brilliant... I know hope someone ask me that again... I can quickly get off the phone with no hassle and no lie :) Maybe I will try and sound little when I answer from now on. :) Or I could just say "my parents aren't here" no matter what... that would through them off... yeah...

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kelsey Bohlender said...

Randy could give you all kinds of advice on dealing with telemarketers. Like the one time someone called offering a credit card and he asked he convicted felons could really get credit that easily. Then when the man called wanting to give an estimate for new siding, Randy faked a cry and said his house just bruned down. Then there was the magazine salesman selling subscriptions. Randy quickly said, yes, he would buy several, but do they come in braille? Randy is the MAN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home