5.15.2006

what is really going on at the Lewellen's

Short and Quick:

Richard and I have been in the place of wrestling with the Lord and Him hemming us in. We have been asking the questions and waiting for answers.

Where are we supposed to be? What are we supposed to do? We want you... How and where should we be to find you most, God?

It sounds romantic but it is painful... Especially in the everyday, everyday stuff.

Without a clear vision marci hates life... I am a very black/white sort of person... It is so hard for me to "wait"... I know it is a vital learning of the kingdom.

We have felt God asking us to reup and even intensify our calling to the International House of Prayer and specifically to the FSM. We are here for the next years of our life. We are going to officially raise support, something we have never done. We are setting our hearts... We are excited to be called here with people so passionate for God, wise, and loving.

The girl version: (that is what my family calls the detailed version of the story :)

We had originally decided not to officially raise support because even though we loved the vision of IHOP we still weren't sure how long we would be here and what specific roles God had for us here. We wanted to wait and be sure and let Richard work to provide for most of the income. Thankfully, God still put us on people's heart at just the right times and money came in when we needed it most.

Since we have been in Kansas City (almost three years -came straight from our honeymoon) Richard has worked full time or more in jobs that have maybe not been big money makers but that have allowed him to have a flexible schedule so that he could fulfill 50 hours at the House of Prayer. He has been providing for his family and learning many things like extreme discipline in time management, humility and any and all of those traits Jesus called "blessed" in the Sermon on the Mount. He is an amazing man of God.

In the last 6 months or so God has been stirring the desires of heart... poking and prodding us. He has been in every way financially, emotionally, spiritually, and physically bringing us into the desperate cry... His perfect leadership working in us to make changes and decisions. He really is so good at the sifting, and molding of our hearts. Besides the stress in the areas I mentioned many options had come up... We thought about stopping the "staff" and pursuing more of a Joseph company sort of mindset- Richard was asked to help start a bakery in Mansfield TX, we thought about moving to Cincinnati and letting Richard pursue his Masters and PHD(my parents live there and the idea of having my mom with me with the 2 babies was a big draw) were asked to help start a church plant in Boston, and asked to start a church plant in Tennessee. So many choices... things that were exciting...

We began praying (actually it more groaning and sighing, fighting to just not be discouraged)

So, through many sessions of tears and intense discussions between Richard, me, God those wiser than us, and the Lord's divine hand we have decided God has us here. We are setting our hearts...

I am so thankful...

3 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, Blogger Kristi Walsh said...

Hey Marci! I just found your blog tonight, and loved reading through it! Great posts - the chocolate one made me laugh out loud, but I must confess (albeit selfishly) that my favorite post was the one with the picture of my (old) neighborhood...oh, it brought back the memories!! That's awesome that you guys are putting down roots in KC. It really is a great place - I'm realizing more and more how much I love it there now that I'm gone. Will definitely be back to read more of what's going on with the Lewellens!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Marci Lewellen said...

Kristi... thanks so much. I saw your name and my heart felt all warm and cozy. I miss seeing you. I want to know what it is like transiting to a new country, a new place of ministry, with a baby!!! Love and Blessings!!!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Kelsey Bohlender said...

Marci! You are staying here in KC! Rock on! I know it has been an ouchy time and I have no words to take that away. But I look forward to spending more time together!! Wahoo....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home