6.05.2006

Richard thinks I'm the weird eater...

Not liking tomatoes is not too weird but I admit I do have strange insatiable cravings when pregnant...
This was Richards post in December last year right before I had Arwen...



You see the ice...you glance around nervously. You want the ice. There is a group of people who have identified themselves as ice-addicts.

They LOVE the ice...

My wife is one. This strange obsession began with her first pregancy when she was not satisfied with normal foods. We went to Sonic, a hamburger drive-through, and got a large cup of ice. Their ice is special to ice-lovers. It is soft and small, just perfect for crushing in repeated joy.

Sonic is glad to accommodate by selling 7 lb bags for $1.34 though price varies by location. We go through a bag every two days.

Today is Christmas day. Sonic is closed and the last bit of ice dust fell away out of our bag. We had nothing. Donning our thinking cap and making use of Google-we contacted the local hospital, also a good source of ice. "Sure, you can come fill up your bucket."

The comments between us:

marci Lewellen said...
i love ice. i am not ashamed... there are much worse and more costly addictions. i am also glad that ice is fat free. I have to admit though that i wish i didn't crave it as much as i do. I mean like typing right now takes two hands and I have to stop every sentence (sometimes mid sentence) and chug. addictions are not efficient.
The other not so great factor is that it is winter. I have to wear layers and get under covers with the heat up to comfortably consume my 7lbs every 2 days. (I admit that I try to ration and that I really could eat the whole bag a day but then we would be broke, nothing would get done, and our gas bill would be out of control.

12:48 PM


richard said...
I'm proud of you, baby! Keep the fight.

3 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Marci Lewellen said...

so I guess it just me that thinks this is hillarious?

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Is it really eating when it is ice?

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's sat night and all i can think about is Sonic Ice. i think... marci would understand. after being sick all day this is the only refreshing thing i can think of. yes it's true - i too LOVE sonic ice. then a knock on my door and not one cup but a whole bag of sonic ice is at my door complements of the lewellen household. i didn't even tell marci. i think us ice eaters can feel the cravings. thanks marci!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home