6.22.2006

Treasure Hunting


I just finished my last day of "table facilitator" for the very first Omega Intensive. My group was amazing and at the end of the week they gave me a card with a gift certificate to the Forerunner Bookstore!! Hurray!

Really, I should have been the one giving out the presents... I had so much fun!!! And though I am totally in love with the babies, it was nice to have a few days in a row talking with people that have mastered, at least to some degree, the English language :)

It was also so fun to get to be back in a project ministry setting with the Bohlender's and Danielle... Randy offered to pull on my pant leg and Danielle said she would gladly dribble food on my shirt to make feel comfortable if I started to feel too out of place. I have such wonderful friends.

On Tuesday I had so much fun that I came home and got in a water fight with Aiden and the goats.

I won! (The advantage wasn't all in my favor... Aiden can be quite merciless with the hose- I was soaked)

Wednesday morning during worship before the first session I had one of those special Holy Spirit presents. I experienced excitement, real tummy fluttering excitement over the mystery of God and His plan for us, for me.

I felt this high of being human and chosen for God. The concept of God being fascinating gripped me...
This God loves me and has a plan, a mystery He wants me to solve...
He has given me a treasure map (bible) with the ultimate treasure as the prize (Himself)... it is not too high and it is not too low... The mystery is complex, mind-bending, thrilling, yet totally attainable. The journey is wrought with dragons, love, war, power. He is perfect in His drawing and capturing of my heart. His ideas and strategies are brilliant.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

3 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when are you going to write a book?

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Kristi Walsh said...

sounds like fun - both the Omega course and the water fight!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger richard said...

First of all, I'm excited that you got to do that fantastic facilitating gig.

Second, I'm a little offended that you called me a baby and said I adf,jb fhfhwe english.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home